Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bolivia - La Paz

Spent the last 3 days in La Paz and was there to celebrate St Patrick's Day with all the other gringos. There was a huge party at one of the hostels so we did it in style :)

La Paz wasn't as bad as everyone makes out, but I definitely felt more unsafe there than in any other place in South America. A young girl tried to steal my camera and I stopped her, but that was the only thing that happened. However, the way people look at you and especially after dark it just feels dodgy in the streets...

Getting out...
Anyway, it was time to leave Bolivia and get the plane down to Santaigo de Chile, where I had a 6 hour wait for the trans-pacific flight to Auckland. At 13.5 hours I reckon it's the longest flight on this trip and the longest one I have ever taken. I watch a few movies and fall asleep, so it goes by quite quickly.